It’s easy to get stuck in one way of thinking, especially if you’ve had some success with doing things in one specific way. When that happens, your business may stay steady, but if you really want it to grow, it’s time to start thinking outside the box. What are some things that you can implement in your business this year that you may not have thought of before?
Here are a few examples of things that will help you grow your biz:
- Host A “Home Party” – Have you ever participated in an in-person craft fair? Have you ever been to a Tupperware party? Mix the two together, and create your own “Home Party.” Invite some of your friends and family over, create a nice display of your products, have some light refreshments on hand, and encourage your guests to bring a friend. Now, get ready to mix, mingle, and take orders!
- How can this grow your business? It is an easy way to introduce people to your product who may not be the typical type of person who visits craft fairs. Plus, it seems that many of the craft fairs take place in summer/early fall/or the holidays. That leaves a lot of calendar space with no craft fairs, and this helps fill up that space.
- Join Forces With A Local Business – Do you make an item that would work well with a local business? For example, do you make all natural cosmetics or bath items? Maybe jewelry or handbags? Ask a local salon if they’d like to team up on an event where people can come in, get a mini salon service and sample your product.
- How can this grow your business? This will bring new customers to both you and the local business. Think about what you offer and how it can be teamed up with what one of your local business offers.
- Share Your Information – Have you ever considered sharing what you know with others? Are you good at scrapbooking, soapmaking, knitting or sewing? Whatever it is that you know, from jewelry making to cake decorating, people will pay to learn it! Contact some local craft stores or the community enrichment staff at your local high school or college and ask them how to submit your class idea.
- How can this grow your business? This will open up a new stream of income, allows you to introduce your business to new people, and allows you to network with community members who may end up as loyal customers!
These are just a few ideas on how to grow your business in unexpected ways. Spend a little time thinking about this, and make a plan to try something new in 2014.
By Crissy Herron, www.IndieBizChicks.com
- Keeping Up with the Times: 5 Business Strategies to Consider This Year - June 1, 2020
- 16 DIY Craft Booth Ideas - February 22, 2020
- How to Create an Invoice for Your Craft Business - October 22, 2018