Pinterest Personalization If you have been on Pinterest lately you may have noticed that your Pinterest feed looks different than it did in the past.
That is because Pinterest added a new “personalization” setting to your account. Which means you will see images from pinners that you haven’t even followed.
- When you go to a Pinterest-infused site, Pinterest uses a cookie to note the visit.
- The next time you sign onto Pinterest, Pinterest reads the cookie and uses the info to personalize your experience.
- Pinterest deletes this data after 30 days, which is about as long as we think info like this is useful for personalizing your experience.
Now, none of this is much different than what Facebook and Google are already doing when you are online but if you want your Pinterest feed to look like it used to it is easy to fix.
- Go to “Settings”
- Click on “Business Account Basics”
- Click the button that says “Your Activity on Pinterest”
- Click on “Clear Recent Searches”
- Click on ” Save Settings” at the bottom of the page.