Have you considered using Instagram as a marketing tool for your creative business?
Instagram currently has 75 million users and unlike some other social media platforms, you can post several times a day without annoying your followers.
Ideas for Instagram Posts:
- Share offers and discounts – Fans of your work and products will want to follow you if you share offers and discounts on Instagram. They are also likely to share or regram your images if you include information about an offer or discount. This can also lead to new fans if others regram your offers and discounts.
- Host giveaway and contests – Just like offers and discounts, sharing or regramming can help you grow your audience. The trick with giveaways and contests is to keep them simple and focus on your brand or niche market.
- Go behind the scenes – Show photos of shipments as they come into your shop customers can get excited about new products. Show images of work-related travel or take photos of what is on your work table. If you are an artist, you can share images of works in progress. Ask questions, answer questions and let your customers get to know you a bit.
- Share your work – Share the products you create on Instagram. Be sure to use professional-looking images if you’re taking photos of items that are for sale on your website. You want to gain new customers and draw them to your shop. Use images from your shop or website listings. Save them to your phone and share them on Instagram.
- Show your Instagram audience why they need your products – Place your products in a variety of settings and show people who are using them, too. Make your potential customers see how your products could improve their lives.
- Use a widget like SnapWidget to share your Instagram feed on your website. This is useful if you are running a contest and want to share images of all of the entry photos.
- Use Instagram Direct to send messages and videos directly to your customers. You can send a private message to up to 15 people. Reach out to your most devoted fans or get feedback on a custom order.
Instagram is chock-full of promotional opportunities and it doesn’t cost anything! The more you share, participate and promote interesting images, the more your audience (and your bottom line) will grow.
Are you on Instagram and have you used it to promote your creative business?
By: Vicki O’Dell, The Creative Goddess