Now that you’re posting to Instagram, you might be wondering how to interact with followers. Instagram is a social network,which is a community of people who want visual stimulation as well as conversation. Look at Instagram as a way to build a community so you can have conversations with others.
Who should you follow? How do you decide who to follow? And how many people should you be following?
Here are some ideas and strategies for determining who to follow and why:
- Follow people with whome you’d like to connect, This should include influencers in your industry or niche.
- You can follow people who follow you if you are interested in what they are posting
- Comment back when followers ask you questions.
- Follow customers to further connect and to gain insight into their likes and dislikes
- Comment on posts your followers make and be geniune. Avoid only posting abbreviations or emoticons – make sure there is some value to the comment
- Searh hashtags to find followers. For instance, cat lovers should check out #catsofinstagram
- Check out the profiles of people who comment on other accounts you follow. This is a great way to find interesting, active users to follow on Instagram. There people will likely interact with you because they are already interacting with others.
Remember these tips from our series:
- Post regularly
- Stick to the brand message with photos centered around 3-6 topics
- Post visually appealing photos
- Interact with others by responding to comments and commenting on their photos
- Use hashtags and tagging to maximize exposure and find like-minded users to follow
By: Jennifer Priest from Hydrangea Hippo