Just because you’re a small business doesn’t mean you can’t participate in Black Friday or Cyber Monday. In fact, based on the statistics last year, you definitely should be participating. According to Shopify, “Black Friday online sales surpassed $1 billion dollars,” and Cyber Monday, “shattered previous online shopping records by a landslide with roughly $1.5 billion in online sales” last year. People are going to dig into their wallets and spend, so don’t leave it to all the big boys. You can, and should, participate in Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Wondering how? Take a look at some of the tips below!
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are two of the biggest shopping days of the year, offering special discounts, sale items, and promotions. So therefore the very first thing you should decide is the type of promotion you want to run (and can afford). Here are just a few promotion options you could do:
- Offer a special discount to new customers.
- Have a customer spend a certain amount and receive a free item, like a small ornament.
- Offer free shipping on purchases of a certain dollar (i.e. if you spend 100 dollars, you get free shipping)
- Give a $10 coupon to people on your mailing list.
- Offer a special sale on a particular item.
- Offer 20% their total purchase.
The key is that these promotions only run on Black Friday and Cyber Monday (I’m sure you already knew that, though).
Once you’ve decided on your promotion, it’s time to get it out there. You’ve gathered all those names for your mailing list, so it’s time to use them. Advertise on your social media pages, put it all over your newsletters (if you have them), send an email to your mailing list, or write a blog post about the upcoming sale. However you can get word out there, do it.
There’s no reason that your business should miss out on the biggest shopping days of the year just because you’re small!
If you’re looking for a few more tips take a look at these great articles:
- Black Friday Marketing Tips
- 7 Ecommerce Optimization Tips to Help You Achieve Record Breaking Holiday Sales
- 5 Simple Black Friday Marketing Tips for Small Businesses
What are your Black Friday and Cyber Monday plans?