This week, your friends here at Prime Publishing are headed to Creativation, an annual Craft and Hobby Association conference for craft industry companies, bloggers and more. We’re hosting a fun networking event for companies and bloggers. (Can’t wait to see some of you there!)
One of the companies in attendance will be ShareASale, who just might solve one of the most challenging aspects of monetizing your blog.
If you’re a professional blogger who runs their website like a business, you’re probably always looking for new ways to turn your content into dollar signs. ShareASale helps connect bloggers and advertisers. As a blogger, you’ll become an affiliate who can earn a commission for the merchant’s product sales linked to your blog.
Finding merchants relevant to your site
Once you decide to run advertising on your blog, whether it’s by promotional blog posts, letting companies add relevant links to your content, running seasonal promotions and giveaways, or traditional banner ads, there’s one thing most bloggers are concerned about. “How will this merchant help my readers?”
Your blog is an important platform – after all, it’s your voice and your content. If you’re going to team up with a merchant, you want them to be as relevant to your audience as possible. Learn more about affiliate marketing.
But it can be a challenge to find relevant merchants. That’s where ShareASale can eliminate some footwork for you. They’re connected to 3,900+ Affiliate Programs spanning 40 different categories.
Here are some examples of craft-related merchants on ShareASale:
Once ShareASale connects you to the right affiliates, it’s a fairly simple relationship. You, as the Affiliate, upload the Merchant’s creatives to your site in the form of text links, banner ads, product images, videos or widgets. You’ll earn commission for every verified sale you refer to the Merchant, and your readers will find great products relevant to your site.
“One blog post can earn commission for years.” – ShareASale
ShareASale amps up your affiliate content
- Structuring and implementing recruiting and activation campaigns
- Seasonal, promotional and dynamic ad banners
- Developing affiliate tools (datafeeds, videos, widgets, etc.)
- Crafting and distributing affiliate communication
Getting started with ShareASale
Even if you have no experience with affiliate marketing, ShareASale will help you become an expert in no time. They offer features to make this way less scary.
- Merchant Recommendations: ShareASale will match you to relevant merchants to ensure success.
- Continuing Education: Regular webinars and newsletters will keep you up-to-date.
- Affiliate Diagnostics: Learn what makes affiliate programs successful and how you can improve to earn more.
Do you have any questions or tips about affiliate programs?
Latest posts by CreativeIncome (see all)
- Beat The Blogging Blues - October 27, 2017
- Keeping Up with the Times: 5 Business Strategies to Consider This Year - June 27, 2017
- One Blog Post Can Earn You Commission For Years With ShareASale - January 17, 2017