It is that time again. Spring. And with it comes the urge to spruce up your home, inside and out. Also time to update your wardrobe and accessories with the latest spring colors. And where better to find unique and one-of-a-kind items than at your local craft fairs and craft shows.
If you are an exhibitor, sign up early, especially if you make and sell jewelry. Seems everyone is selling jewelry these days!! And the allotted slots fill up fast.
Having a successful show begins with organization. Make a checklist and check off the items as you pack them. Feel free to use the list below and tailor it to your needs.
Craft Show Checklist
In addition to your tables, display cases and stands, don’t forget to pack the following…
- inventory (items for sale)
- inventory list
- price tags
- cash box
- change (coins & small bills)
- invoice receipt book
- sales tax chart
- calculator/cash register
- charge card processing machine
- pen/pencil/marker pens
- paper pad
- business cards
- mailing list
- bags (different sizes, paper & plastic)
- wrapping paper
- table covering (bring an extra one just in case)
- chairs (if not provided, check first)
- signage/poster board
- paper towels
- garbage bags
- extension cord
- power strip
- light source/bulbs
- rubber bands
If your craft show will be held outdoors, pack these additional items, as applicable.
- hat/head covering
- mosquito repellant
- plastic covering (in case of rain)
- ice chest/beverages
- snacks (always welcome)
Have a very successful craft show. Happy Selling!!
Originally featured on This Year’s Dozen. Republished with permission.
By: Donna for This Year’s Dozen
- Keeping Up with the Times: 5 Business Strategies to Consider This Year - June 27, 2017
- One Blog Post Can Earn You Commission For Years With ShareASale - January 17, 2017
- Craft Business News: June 2016 Edition - June 2, 2016