It is that time again. Spring. And with it comes the urge to spruce up your home, inside and out. Also time to update your wardrobe and accessories with the latest spring colors. And where better to find unique and one-of-a-kind items than at your local craft fairs and craft shows.
If you are an exhibitor, sign up early, especially if you make and sell jewelry. Seems everyone is selling jewelry these days!! And the allotted slots fill up fast.
Having a successful show begins with organization. Make a checklist and check off the items as you pack them. Feel free to use the list below and tailor it to your needs.
Craft Show Checklist
In addition to your tables, display cases and stands, don’t forget to pack the following…
- inventory (items for sale)
- inventory list
- price tags
- cash box
- change (coins & small bills)
- invoice receipt book
- sales tax chart
- calculator/cash register
- charge card processing machine
- pen/pencil/marker pens
- paper pad
- business cards
- mailing list
- bags (different sizes, paper & plastic)
- wrapping paper
- table covering (bring an extra one just in case)
- chairs (if not provided, check first)
- signage/poster board
- paper towels
- garbage bags
- extension cord
- power strip
- light source/bulbs
- rubber bands
If your craft show will be held outdoors, pack these additional items, as applicable.
- hat/head covering
- mosquito repellant
- plastic covering (in case of rain)
- ice chest/beverages
- snacks (always welcome)
Have a very successful craft show. Happy Selling!!
Originally featured on This Year’s Dozen. Republished with permission.
By: Donna for This Year’s Dozen
Latest posts by CreativeIncome (see all)
- 3 Things that Will Make Your Craft Booth Instantly Appealing to Customers - March 26, 2015
- 5 Design Trends You’ll See at Craft Fairs in 2015 - March 18, 2015
- How to Motivate Yourself and Start That Creative Business Once and For All - March 17, 2015